Monday, December 31, 2012

Blessing The New Year!

May the Lord shine upon you as you go into this new year. May He give you grace and favor. May all you do prosper as you walk with Him!

About 9:00 p.m. our neighbor walked out on his deck which is above our house and set off firecrackers to welcome in the new year. I suspect he and his wife are now snug in their bed. They will not stay up late, but move into the new year refreshed. I'm planning something similar--without the fireworks!

I know it is a bit late, but still, I wanted to pass along a treat for any of you who are staying up late! This receipt is from a missionary friend of mine.
 
New Year Egg-Nog
 
Separate 5 eggs, beat the yokes and
 
Combine with 1/2 cup evaporated milk and approx. 5 cups regular milk (more or less to taste)
Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and sweetner to taste
Add 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (more if needed)
Mix well
 
Whip the egg white and fold into the above mixture
Whip heavy cream, sweeten with confectioners sugar and put a dollop on top of each serving.
 
Those who wish to add spirits will need to experiment to determine the proper amount!
 
My husband and I like to add 7-Up rather than alcohol. 
 
 
I heartily recommend taste testing as you go along. Cook's privilege.! 
 
I'm spending tomorrow with the Lord, looking at goals for this next year. He has already begun to download some things that I will be turning into a series of blogs. Last year I didn't want to make a new year resolution; I won't be this year either! Instead I decided on a new focus and that was to explore whether I could in some small measure learn to think God thoughts. As I meditated on the idea, He suddenly spoke, "Read the Red Print!" I laughed right out loud and proceeded to find a bible with Jesus words in red print. If I want to know how God thinks all I need to do is read the red print. Jesus said,
 
      "Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father
       is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own
       authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing
       his work." And, "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing
       by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing,
       because whatever the Father does the Son also does."
 
If we want to know what God thinks and what He values we can read what Jesus said and what He did--that will give us a good idea of the mind and heart of God. So I spent this year memorizing The Sermon on the Mount--that was the source of the meditations I titled, "God Thoughts." I do believe God is serious about Christians renewing the mind. That will be the thrust of this new series of blogs that the Lord is not done downloading. I'm chuckling at the timing as this new material feels like a "next installment" or the next level of delving into God thoughts.  He tends to give me a little bit and I write that down and then I have to take sections and mull it over and then associate it with what I already know...it is a long, slow process. BUT when I know what He is saying, this is the place I will share it first!
 
So goodnight all and may the Lord sing to your spirit through the night.
 
Blessings, Carol Brown...making it plain
 


No comments:

Post a Comment