Monday, October 10, 2011

The "Spark" challenge

Yikes, I said I would take the "Spark Challenge" from the www.HouseHonco.com and I forgot to check in to see what it was! Trisha of HouseHonco introduces a subject every Thursday that is to "spark" our thoughts and then we post our ramblings! Thursday was in response to the death of Steve Jobs. He is credited with the following quote:

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me."

I could not agree more! You can accrue great wealth but you cannot take it with you. However, if you have done something wonderful, if you have impacted other lives in positive ways, if you have influenced people to be better, be more holy, live and love like Jesus . . . that will go with you, after you, and may even precede you! It is more a question of what you want to be rich in. Money by itself will mold or be devalued and after you are gone, it will be divided and all the "things" sold. But if you invest in people then you can be rich in lives and relationships, especially relationship with God--that's the best kind of riches. I want to arrive in Glory and have a crowd of people and angels excited that I'm there . . . I want to meet people who have been waiting for me to come so they can tell me in person how the books I wrote made their lives better and they are so grateful to God for the work I did . . . that has to be the best high ever! I want to hear those words from God, "Well done!" So I agree with Steve Jobs, doing something wonderful is what matters to me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment