Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Philosophy--or something like that!

Here is my philosophy!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in heaven with a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...Wow!! What a ride!" Anonymous

Ya, lots of times I feel that's my philosophy--on my good days--but I think it goes deeper than just my good days. It is a core value that I want to totally use up all the resources my Heavenly Father has put at my disposal, wisely of course, as a good steward! Feelings associated with good or bad days go up and down with my energy level; they come and go. As I elaborated in my book, The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity, they give us some information (just information--it is not eternal reality), sometimes it is accurate info and sometimes not. Sometimes feelings reflect our core values, sometimes they don't. I do not want to make decisions or come to conclusions about myself, God or others based solely on feelings, I need information from other sources such as Scripture, the Holy Spirit and trustworthy people to come to a wise and judicious conclusion, to a wise and judicious decision!

So, what's your philosophy?

Blessings, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment